Mia is growing fast! She is almost 9 weeks old and we’re delighted at watching her grow. Every day, she is more and more alert. On Sunday, she was definitely deliberately communicating with Aaron. It was the coolest exchange to watch! She was making certain little noises and Aaron would repeat the noise, and they would go back and forth. Since then, she has been doing this with both of us.
Here are some of the things our girl is up to these days:
- Smiling at people, especially Mama and Papa
- Tracking people (and sometimes our dog) as they walk through or around a room
- Trying to get her thumb/fingers in her mouth — she can easily get her hand to her mouth but isn’t quite able to extend the desired thumb
- Attempting to ‘talk’…really communicate and wait for response — direct attempts rather than random babbling (at least we think so)
- Lifting and turning her head rather easily
Here are a couple photos of attempts at getting the thumb in her mouth:
And here is Mia smiling while lying on her changing table and ‘talking’ to the pink and white stuffed puppy that Grammy gave her:
We’re so enchanted with this little person and watching her grow! Will try to keep you posted with her latest advancements.