Maria Constance Moore

This entry was written and posted by Aaron Moore.

Maria Constance was born at 3:56 am on DAY and DATE (edited to protect privacy and her birthdate!). She decided to come to us about two weeks early, which is wonderful. She weighed 5 lbs. 14 oz. and measured 19.5 inches. She is beautiful and very healthy. Stephanie birthed her at our home, in the water as planned, with me by her side. We have two wonderful midwives who helped in creating this wonderful experience. What an amazing woman Stephanie is, and being a partner in the birth of our daughter has redefined the world around me.

We will call our daughter Mia. We decided on this name years ago and loved the sound of Mia as a shortened name for Maria. We always said that if we were to have a girl, this would be her name. We are so lucky to finally meet her. I’ve posted a few photos, and will provide many more through the years. So, happy birthday to our baby girl!

Our Sweet Girl

Sleeping Soundly On Her Mama

Little Mia

Our Daughter

Her first breaths. The white lotion-like film is called vernix. It is tacky to the touch and has a fresh sweeteness to the scent that is incredible.

About Stephanie

I am a mother and a wife, lady scientist, gardener, fabulous cook, foodie, world traveler, and aspiring polymath. I like to ignore stereotypes, challenge the status quo and encourage independent thought.
This entry was posted in Mia. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Maria Constance Moore

1. jambalaya825 says:

Congratulations you two! She is beautiful!!!! And I’m so glad the water birth went well for you all!

2. suzanne says:

Congrats to the three of you. Mia is beautiful!!! I am so glad the home/water birth went well for the three of you. I am also thankful you had two great midwives by your side. Cant wait to meet her! Love you all, and give my niece a kiss for me.

3. Chelsea says:

Steph and Aaron,

Congrats on the birth of beautiful Mia! I’ve been stalking the blog for awhile (great distractor for school) and was so excited to see that Steph was doing a home birth and water birth. Kudos to y’all for all of the amazing choices you have already made. No doubt you two will be wonderful parents! Hopefully see all three of you soon (Jamie’s wedding?)… ~Love, Chelsea

4. Ashley says:

Way to go, Stephanie!! (And way to go Aaron, since I’m sure being the support person isn’t easy, either. :-)) She looks just perfect, and I’m so glad you got to experience the water birth that you wanted. Can’t wait to hear more details about it in the future after you’ve had some time to enjoy your daughter.

5. Courtney Halpin says:

She is beautiful! Congratulations and welcome to “mama and papa hood”! And Steph – you amaze me! I hope you decide to blog on her birth story! I’d love to read it. I am looking forward to meeting Mia in the future. Enjoy every minute!!! Love, Courtney

6. Mom says:

I am so proud of all of you…. she couldnt be more perfect… see you soon, love you all.

7. Asa says:

Mia, welcome to the world! Stephanie and Aaron, congratulations on becoming parents! How wonderful! I would love to meet your daughter…

8. Mark, Nicole, and William says:

Hey guys, congratulations. You have a beautiful baby girl! Wish we could be there to meet her, but hopefully that will happen soon. I’m sure you have your hands full (no pun intended) as it is. Take care and send our love to Mia. Best wishes, Mark, Nicole, and William.

9. jessieshires says:

Congratulations! We’re so excited for you, and so happy the birth went smoothly and little Mia is finally in your arms! Much, much love to Mama, Papa, and Baby. xo, J&D

10. Kathy Kells Ludwig says:

Congratulations to both you and Stephanie, Aaron and of course little Mia. That is a beautiful name and I love the entire name Maria Constance. You have a beautiful baby girl and I think the way ya’ll delivered her at home with midwives is great. She looks so healthy and look at that head of hair! I just noticed One Moore in the Oven below. Love that too. Enjoy! I know Connie is overjoyed and can’t wait to meet her granddaughter. Love Kathy Kells Ludwig